There are awful seasons and stupid forecasts, and then there’s me picking the 2020-21 Los Angeles Lakers as one of the best 10 Lakers teams of all time before the start of the season.
One club can not win the title every season, even if Los Angeles Lakers fans may prefer to think that way.
Great expectations often lead to even greater disappointment, which is why this club belongs on only one list: the top ten most disappointing seasons in franchise history.
See The 10 most disappointing seasons in franchise history.
10. The 2004-2005 Los Angeles Lakers missing the playoffs in Kobe’s first year without Shaq
9. The 2002-2003 Los Angeles Lakers losing while going for the four-peat
8. The 1993-1994 Los Angeles Lakers’ losing season in Magic’s one season coaching
7. 2018-2019 LeBron’s First Season with the Los Angeles Lakers
6. The 1975-1976 Los Angeles Lakers missing the playoffs in Kareem’s first season in LA
5. The 1980-1981 Los Angeles Lakers being bounced in the first round by the Rockets
4. The 2010-2011 Los Angeles Lakers getting swept in the second round
3. The 2003-2004 Los Angeles Lakers losing in the Finals with four sure-fire Hall of Famers
2. The 2020-2021 Los Angeles Lakers losing in the first round
1. The 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers getting swept in the first round